Lauren Donovan, Editor
Weekly Update 5/11/2020
May 11, 2020
There will be a Board meeting on Thursday, May 14th at 2:30 PM to review draft transitional opening plans for the outside amenities at the Clubhouse – Pickleball, Bocce, and the Putting greens. In the CA State Update, listed sectors are not permitted to open per the State’s stage two guidelines. The BOD will be taking these guidelines and restrictions into consideration when reviewing the draft on relaxing the current closure.
Please keep in mind there are many factors to be considered with the transitional opening of any amenities. Creating a phased plan to ensure the safety of residents and employees is critical. The gradual movement from one phase to the next can only take place if federal, state, and local governments’ mandated guidelines permit the transitions and the facility is properly prepared for them.
We appreciate your understanding and patience as we work toward safe solutions for all.
Remember please practice Social Distancing when interacting with your neighbors.
DID YOU KNOW: Coffee Filters
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows, mirrors, and chrome... Coffee filters are lint-free so they'll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China by separating your good dishes with a coffee filter between each dish.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter.
12. Do you think we used expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Use strips of coffee filters..
13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries, chicken fingers, etc. on them. It soaks out all the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great "razor nick fixers."
15. As a sewing backing. Use a filter as an easy-to-tear backing for embroidering or appliqueing soft fabrics.